Did you know that my Fowl feathered friends helped many families put food on the table during the great depression? If you did, then it is no surprise to see me here now, saving the day, one egg at a time. Now, don’t get me wrong, I know it takes two to tango and my owner has come up with some interesting ways of her own to make ends meet. My name is Martha and I’m here to tell you about my wonderful family: A loving stay-at-home mother, an unemployed father who is in the process of reinventing himself, and 3 amazing children and their incredible journey through Autism. Join me and I will tell you some interesting stories about weathering tough times, putting healthy food on the table and finding ways to continue biomedical Autism treatments while on food stamps.

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Santa Claus knows if you've been bad or good...

The best thing about the holiday season, for mother, is having the right motivation to keep children from getting into trouble.  Santa's "Naughty List" is always a great motivator for good behavior but it is amazing how easy it can be to forget and end up on the Naughty List!  Luckily, you can redeem yourself by completing three tasks:

1.  Do something nice - this could be as simple as picking up litter, drawing a picture for someone, making a gift, or going through your toys and giving something to charity.

2.  Say something nice - saying your sorry is a good place to start but sometimes this becomes so automatic that it loses sincerity.  Giving a complement to someone is a nice alternative.

3.  Help someone - holding the door for someone, help a person carry something, or ask someone if you can help them.

In essence, it is nothing more than good manners and just like they say on Blues Clues, "Manners show people you care" and isn't that a great theme for the holiday season?

No comments: